Medium Pressure Spin-On Filter Elements
FOR USE WITH HF SERIES FILTER HEADS
Zinga pressure filters provide in-line system protection for sensitive system components like servo valves, pressure Spin-on filters are used as process and safety filters to protect individual pumps, valves or the entire hydraulic circuit from contamination as measured per ISO 4406.
- Diameter: 3.7”
- Mounting Thread: 1 1/2” – 16 UN
- Pressure: 300 PSI Max. Operating
- ∆Pmax Cellulose: 50 PSID
- ∆Pmax Z-Glass: 80 PSID
- Temperature: Up to +250°F Operating
- Applications: Petroleum-based fluids
- Suction filters
- On the return circuit, for mounting on the line or on the tank cover
- In-line for low and medium pressure applications
- tow trucks
- truck-mounted aerial lifts and cranes
- wood splitters and chippers
- utility terrain vehicles (UTVs).
Parts and Detail
|Part Number||Particle Size||Nominal Rating||Absolute Rating||Can Color / Imprint||Media Type*||Free Water Absorption||Overall Height|
|HE03||3 Micron||ß<4µ(c) = 2||ß7µ(c) = 75||White / Green||Cellulose||5.9”|
|HE03AZL||3 Micron||ß5µ(c) = 2||ß24µ(c) = 75||White / Orange||Aqua-Zorb||7.2 oz||8.0”|
|HE10||10 Micron||ß11µ(c) = 2||ß25µ(c) = 75||White / Red||Cellulose||5.9”|
|HE10L||10 Micron||ß<4µ(c) = 2||ß19µ(c) = 75||White / Red||Cellulose||8.0”|
*Glass media is available. Contact factory for quote.
- ßXµ(c) = 2 represents 50% efficiency at Particle Size (Nominal Rating)
- ßXµ(c) = 75 represents 98.7% efficiency at Particle Size (Absolute Rating)
- Buna-N gasket standard. Fluorocarbon gasket optional, consult factory.
- Suitable for petroleum-based fluids. Consult factory for synthetic fluids.
- Caution: Do not use HE Series filter elements on internal combustion engines.
- Aqua-Zorb filter medias absorb and retain free water. Any absorbed water cannot be liberated from the Aqua-Zorb media. As the element becomes saturated with water, the Aqua-Zorb media continues to swell, and will ultimately curtail flow through the filter. Not for use with water-glycols.
Zinga Filter Media Types
Multi-Layered, non-woven glass media that provides the highest levels of depth filtration efficiency and capacity. Higher capacity means longer service life. Coupled with a steel support mesh, Z-Glass can withstand higher differential pressures.
Traditional paper based media that provides a nominal level of depth filtration and capacity. Used with petroleum-based fluids only. Some grades of cellulose include a layered glass fiber substrate to provide more efficiency.
Water absorbing cellulose based media designed specifically to absorb and retain free water from petroleum-based fluids. Commonly used in offline systems, AquaZorb will operate until it is fully saturated and ultimately curtail flow through the media. A system by-pass valve and service gauge is recommended when using AquaZorb.
Stainless Steel Mesh
Woven in a variety of precision patterns, stainless steel mesh provides a basic surface type filtration with very low differential pressure. Applications include pump protection and “last chance” valve protection. Stainless steel mesh can be serviced by ultrasonic cleaning. (30: 560µ, 60: 280µ, 100: 141µ, 200:75µ, 200×1400: 10µ)
Compatible Spin-on Filter Heads
HF Series Spin-On Filter Heads with ∆P Indicator Option
Flows Up To: 40 GPM (Return)
Port Sizes: 3/4″ NPTF; 1” NPTF; 3/4″ BSP; 1″ BSP; 1 1/16″-12UN (SAE-12); 1 5/16″-12UN (SAE-16)
Pressure: 400 PSI Max.
Temperature: Up to +200° F w/indicator
Application: Petroleum-based fluids only; consult factory for synthetic fluids